|Image from suzuki.co.uk|
1. Suzuki AltoThe Alto is a model that has persisted through three decades, and its newest incarnation is an excellent value for a teenager's first car. The Suzuki Alto is attractively priced with excellent safety features such as an electric stability program, which helps the driver stay in control, as well as front, side and curtain airbags. It is also technologically well equipped to make a teen happy.
2. Toyota Camry Hybrid HThis car is an excellent choice for teen drivers, given its reliability and safety. Rated as a medium-sized car it ensures more safety than a subcompact or compact car. The price is very reasonable, earning it an attractive value for money recognition thanks to its hybrid petrol/electricity capabilities. Attractive ratings from Australia's Green Vehicle Guide give it 5 out of 5 stars for its low emissions and supreme fuel economy. While this may mean that your teenager will be able to drive further from home and more often with less money spent on gas, at least you can sleep easy knowing that they won't be polluting the environment as much as older vehicles. The Camry has also earned 5 out of 5 stars in its ANCAP safety rating - the best attraction for parents.
3. Kia SportageAustralia has seen a rise in the popularity of compact SUVs over the past few years. This means that there is a wide range of makes and models to choose from, and with such stiff competition, the Kia Sportage comes out on top. Parents who want an all-around package for their teenagers would be harder pressed to find a better vehicle for their teen. Teens will also appreciate that the Sportage is one of the smarter looking compact SUVs so that their cool factor will not diminish. This car has been refined specifically for the conditions that Australia offers, making it excellent in urban and suburban environments, as well as off dirt tracks.
4. Hyundai i30Rated as the Best Small Car Under $35,000 by the Australia's Best Cars organization, this model is truly an excellent choice for teenagers. Offered at an attractive and reasonable price, it combines safety, reliability, hardiness, and stylish design so that both parents and teens will be pleased. Great fuel economy combined with the amazing value retention that Hyundai's are famous for, make for a great car that a teen can expect to drive well past their teen years.
5. Ford Focus TitaniumA great car for a teen, this is also going to make the parents jealous. Great safety equipment with 8 airbags, combined with some attractive standard features such as voice command and auto park system make it an excellent value. A comfortable ride with responsive brakes, parents can be assured of the safety of their teens if they get into an accident.
Glenn Maxwell is a Driving Instructor from Brisbane, Australia. He always recommends the Suzuki Alto to his teenage students and recommends checking out the suzukiqld.com.au website for more information.