Hypertension Is Dad's Killjoy Moment

 

Okay before I share my thoughts for today I would like to greet you all with a Happy New Year!!!!

When I learned I have hypertension, things have changed. There are good, and probably, most of them are not favorable. Good, because I have to watch out for what I eat, and probably there are some flavorful dishes that I tried not to eat. Bad, because it made me irritated and a little bit annoyed with my current situation.

Being a Dad with this kind of condition is sometimes frustrating. Why? Because there are things that I will not be able to do together with the kids. Not only do but eat as well.

Activities are limited. One example is that I can't join my kids on some of the rides in theme parks. I remember I usually boast to them that I have tried the Space Shuttle of Enchanted Kingdom. So, this is just one of the many things that I cannot do now. Just for precautions and for my safety, I will not try to participate in these breathtaking rides.

Still, God is good because He has given us opportunities to enjoy family bonding. This pandemic is probably some of the memorable moments of my life. It's because we did lots of activities together, unlike before when I was still working province away from them. The only downside is that no source of income during the lockdown period. But, I believe God is good, and He know what our needs are. Just like what the Bible says in Mark 11:24 - "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." I remember what our Pastor would always say, "claim it!"

Though we are all scared of the spreading virus, we have a much greater shield and protection, God's mercy and grace.

So, do I still have frustrations that I won't be able to join in theme park rides? Well, honestly, yes, but knowing that God is a merciful and understanding God, I'm sure he will lead us to something that we will all enjoy together.

My Instagram

Made with by OddThemes | Distributed by Gooyaabi Templates