Yearly, the celebration of Easter Sunday is always followed by the Easter Egg Hunting. It was fun and exciting for the whole family, hunting and scouring places of where the eggs might be hiding. Since kids love hunting and finding things why not try catching the iButterfly.
iButterfly? The iButterfly, an Augmented Reality Application based technology, that will be first introduced by SM Supermalls in the Philippines will be officially launched on April 8, 2012 across all Cyberzone branches. It will be the start of SM Cyberzone’s exciting summer campaign.
To give you an overview, the iButterfly is a fun and entertaining mobile information and couponing platform that tasks its users with catching augmented reality butterflies , each representing one or more coupons. It was previously created by Japan's Mobile Art Lab and has been successfully launched in Japan, Hongkong, Indonesia, and Singapore. The iButterfly uses 3 technologies: Augmented Reality for seeing butterflies in the real world, Motion Sensors for catching butterflies using a phone and Global Positioning System (GPS) for finding butterflies at a location. It is definitely a unique and engaging way to enjoy promos and discounts with your tablet and smartphone with the Android platform, and IOS on Easter.
To join the Easter iButterfly Hunt, just follow these easy steps:
- DOWNLOAD- Using your gadget simply connect to the internet via data connection or Wi-Fi and go to the App store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android). Download and save the iButtefly application.
- CATCH- While connected, access the iButterfly application and start catching augmented virtual butterflies.
- REDEEM- Claim your free items by merely following the instructions as seen on the iButterfly and present it to the participating Cyberzone stores.
- No minimum purchase requirement.
- Promo period is April 08, 2012 from 11:00am to 9:00pm.
- How to play:
- a. Each participant must have the iButterflyAsia application in his gadget (iPhone, smartphones, iPads and tablets with camera that is supported by iOS and Android OS (Froyo or higher version/s). The application must be downloaded in the Philippines using internet connection or via WiFi from iTunes App Store and Google Play (Google Market). The iButterflyAsia application will be available for download on April 08, 2012.
- b. Each participant must launch the iButterflyAsia in his gadget. Internet data connection is needed while using the application. (Free WiFi available in Cyberzone and SM Mall common area)
- c. To begin, simply register by using the iButterflyAsia application with your email address and password.
- d. Participants can only access and see virtual butterflies if they are within Cyberzone branches. Virtual butterflies will only be deployed in specific Cyberzone branches. (Please refer to item no. 5 for list of participating SM Malls)
- e. Participants should search for the virtual butterflies found and as seen on the screen of their gadget.
- f. Participants simply have to catch the virtual butterflies using their iOS or Android gadget as their “butterfly net”. Participants can catch as many virtual butterflies as they can.
- g. Each virtual butterfly caught has a corresponding message. Do exactly what the message states. Please see sample messages below:
- g.1. You have won a Torque Bullet Pen, please proceed to the Torque Kiosk located at the Cyberzone area to claim your prize. Kindly present and show this message. Thank you.
- g.2. You have won a CAPDASE Hand String, please proceed to any CAPDASE Authorized Store located at the Cyberzone area to claim your prize. Kindly present and show this message. Thank you.
- g.3. You have won a Buffalo Notepad, please proceed to Octagon Store located at the Cyberzone area to claim your prize. Kindly present and show this message. Thank you.
- h. Upon reading the message, participants have the option to “save” or “cancel” the message. Participants must “save” the message if they want to collect the prize and redeem, DO NOT PRESS the "CLICK THE REDEEM" BUTTON. Participants can “cancel” the message if they do not want to collect the prize.
- i. If the participant wants to claim his prizes, he must proceed to the specific store or booth mentioned in the message. Winning participant must present the virtual butterfly with the message (on screen) to the Assigned Personnel of the participating store or booth to verify claim of prize/item.
- j. Solely the Assigned Personnel of the redemption store or booth can press the word “claimed” or “redeemed” found in the screen of the gadget of the participant.
- Participants are not allowed to press the “CLICK TO REDEEM“ button on their gadgets. SM, Cyberzone, and its partners shall not be liable if the said button was pressed before presenting it to the Assigned Personnel resulting to non-issuance of the prize.
- SM City North EDSA
- SM City Fairview
- SM City Manila
- SM City Marikina
- SM City Masinag
- SM Megamall
- SM Cubao Department Store
- SM South Mall
- SM City Bacoor
- SM City Dasmariñas
- SM City Calamba
- SM City Clark
- SM City Pampanga
- SM City Tarlac
- SM City Baguio
- SM City Lucena
- SM City Naga
- SM City Cebu
- SM City Bacolod
- SM City Cagayan de Oro
- SM City Davao